It usually features the inclusion of Google apps, including the ever-important Google Play Store. However, like the AOSP version, stock Android usually doesn’t feature any additional customizations (or at least a very limited amount).
Once you’re in TWRP, there are a few things you need to do before installing the ROM firmware files which we’ll go over in the next step. Custom ROM distributions usually do not come with Google’s apps and services pre-installed.
- The ROM is based on AOSP so the overall stability is quite good and I like the fact that it has released Android 13 builds for almost all the supported devices.
- You simply select the decrypt option, select the encrypted file and the tool will do the rest.
- These drivers are mainly for the devices powered by SPD chipset.
- Another way to download firmware files for your Galaxy phone is by using Frija.
- When you purchase a brand new Android phone or Android tablet, the device comes pre-built with a stock ROM.
- Additionally, we have outlined the key features of GCam, such as Night Sight mode and improved image quality.
It’s official, certified software from a phone maker that will either be pre-installed on the device or be downloaded as an update. Some apps won’t work if they sense that your device is rooted, and you could potentially ruin your phone if you’re not careful.
Having a rooted device gives you complete freedom over how it works, and sometimes just the process of rooting and flashing ROMs can be a lot of fun. Once your device is rooted, you won’t notice any major changes immediately. The fun comes in what you can do after your device is rooted. You can then make use of apps that require root access, flash custom ROMs, tweak certain aspects of your phone, and more—which we’ll examine more later. A clean, stable ROM will provide users with an error-less and bug-less experience, which in turn will enhance the user’s Android adventure.
The Xperia 1 IV is the better of the two, offering a large 4K display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a potent chipset, a headphone jack, and even a microSD card slot. The battery comes in at 5,000mAh and supports 30W charging, getting it up to 50% in 30 minutes, according to Sony. It’s a great camera phone, offering super camera autofocus, stellar video capture, and a few unique content-creator apps. Both are great devices, even for the most demanding users, and ASUS is known for offering a very clean UI. There will be some gaming enhancements in software, such as the Armoury Crate app, but those can be hidden out of the way most of the time. First, there’s the standard ASUS ROG Phone 6D, which is still an amazingly powerful device. Specs include a MediaTek Dimensity 9000+, 12-16GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, a large 6.78-inch display with a 165Hz refresh rate, and a huge 6,000mAh battery.